Algae: New Perspectives Towards a Progessive and Sustainable Living8-13 October 2017Pullman Hotel, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The APPF is one of the most influential phycological forums in the Asian-Pacific region, and forms a vital part of the APPA’s activities. The Forum aims to facilitatethe exchange of current research ideas, and to enable scientists, technologists and industry players to gather information on the latest development in phycology. It also provides the platform for researchers to present their latest findings.There will be opportunities for networking, not only amongst phycologists but also with the industry.
APPF serves as an excellent platform for researchers, students and industry players in the field of phycology to gather and present their latest findings, develop new collaborative relationships or enhance existing research partnerships, exchange views, as well as to gather information on the current state of phycological research in the Asian-Pacific region.
The forum includes mini-symposia that will deliberate on the following broad issues:
1. Algal Systematics, Phylogenetics and Diversity
2. Algal Culture Collections
3. Algae and Environmental Pollution
4. Algae and Climate Change
5. Harmful Algae Blooms
6. Bioremediation and Biorefineries
7. Algae for Biofuels
8. Mass Culture Systems for Algae Production
9. Therapeutic Applications of Algae
10. Algal Physiology and Biochemistry
11. Omics’ in Algal Biotechnology
12. Algal Ecology